1. What types of calls will be charged?
Calls made for Out of Warranty printers will be charged as per the terms and conditions specified during the
purchase of the product. HP services and support is available if you have purchased a Carepack or you have an
active HP Direct Contract.
2. Why HP has changed to a chargeable support?
All HP support and technical assistance are only applicable when the product is IN WARRANTY. You may refer to
the warranty statement included with the printer products for more information. If you have an Out of Warranty
product, you will need to purchase an extended support package or Carepack to access HP onsite support.
3. Why I was not informed regarding the change on support for my Out of Warranty equipment?
HP has endeavored to provide the announcements through various channels while respecting your privacy.
Customers calling HP for support will be informed by our Helpdesk agents. There are also posted announcements to
our various HP Support website.
4. Can I obtain a support free of charge?
Yes. Free of charge support can be obtained via the HP support website where technical information, references,
forums and other related services are available to any of our valued customers. Please visit
5. What are the conditions for the chargeable onsite support?
All calls where the printer product is Out of Warranty will be charged.
6. I have an open case which was opened prior to the introduction of the fee-based support. Will I still be charged?
Support and services for calls made before the launch of our HP printer fee-based support are not covered, thus,
open tickets will not be charged.
7. How does the fee-based charging work?
The charges are based on the number of incidents, which are also defined as the number of questions or issues
presented to our Technical Support agent. An example is - if you place a call to HP on printing issue and a driver
issue, they will counted as two incidents and will be charged accordingly.
8. What am I entitled to if I have a Hardware Carepack?
Customers with HP Hardware Carepacks can call our 24x7 service desk hotline at (632)888-6211 or contact our
nearest Authorize Service Partners for any related hardware and software inquiries.
9. If I have an active Phone Support Carepack, will an HP Certified Engineer attend to my issue onsite without any
No. HP Phone Support Carepacks are only applicable for phone support. Applicable quotations, discounted parts
and minimal charges are applied for onsite services.
10. I have agreed and paid for a one-time onsite support ticket. What am I entitled to?
You will be provided with a Hardware support quotation and once signed with conforme, an HP Certified Engineer
will attend to you onsite for the repair. Phone support charges will be waived.
11. Can I cancel my payment?
Once you have agreed to the payment and it has been processed, you cannot cancel the payment.
12. Will I be charged for software driver issues?
All drivers are publicly available at HP website and is provided free of charge to our valued customer. However, if
you choose an HP representative to deploy or install it for you, an onsite charge is applicable.
13. Will I still be charged if the solution provided by the Technical Support agent does not resolve my issue?
Our Technical Support agents will endeavor to provide a resolution for your issues within reasonable means. There
may be issues that are out of HP’s control, such as issues involving Third Party Software. In this case, we will provide
technical assistance to ensure that your issue is not related to HP Hardware.
14. I have agreed and paid for a one-time onsite support incident. However, after the technical troubleshooting, the
Technical Support engineer has confirmed that the issue is related to a Third Party Software. Will I still be charged?
Yes. HP has provided the necessary support to isolate the issue and confirm that the issue is not related to HP
15. I was charged for one-time onsite support and my case has been resolved and closed. However, the issue has
reoccurred. Will I be charged again if I call HP for support?
As long as it is within 30 days and the Support Engineer identifies that the case is related to the last onsite visit, HP
will cover it with a 30 days workmanship warranty.
16. What payment methods can I pay through?
There are various methods to pay for HP support. For onsite, it would be best to pay on a CIA (cash in advance)
basis if customer does not have any credit with us.
17. What is the payment method if I want to avail Post Warranty Care Pack?
Post Warranty Care Pack is available through selected authorized resellers. It is a one time pre-paid support service.
Terms and Conditions apply for service coverage and limitation.
18. If I call HP for support regarding a non-technical question, will I still need to pay?
Our Technical Support agent will determine the nature of your question and will identify whether it is chargeable or
19. Do I still need to pay even if my call only takes a few minutes?
Yes. As long as HP has provided the support, the service rendered will be chargeable.
20. Where can I check for my product’s warranty status?
You can check it online via our Warranty Lookup Tool. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/
WarrantyLookup.jsp Alternatively, you can also call our Technical Support teams who can assist and perform the
warranty verification on your behalf. Please have your product’s serial and product number ready before calling our